If you have an Instagram account, you’ve almost certainly seen dreamy photos of the hot air balloons, cave hotels, or crazy rock formations in Cappadocia, Turkey. I remember the first time I saw a photo of the hot air balloons dancing above the rooftops at sunrise in Cappadocia. From that moment on, I knew Cappadocia was a place I needed to see in my life.
In the last few years, Instagram has gone absolutely crazy for Cappadocia. I was worried that after seeing all the incredible photos online, my expectations for Cappadocia would be way too high. However, Cappadocia turned out to be one of my favorite places in Turkey and one of the most memorable travel experiences I’ve had. Cappadocia is a truly unique location and deserves a spot on your travel bucket list, if it isn’t on there already!
Keep reading for more info on:
- How to get to Cappadocia
- The best time to visit Cappadocia (and when to see the hot air balloons!)
- The coolest hotels in Cappadocia, including the cave hotel I stayed at
- What to pack for Cappadocia
- Safety info and advice
- Cappadocia’s best restaurants and cafes
- Best tours and activities in Cappadocia (and which ones aren’t worth it)
- And, of course, the best spots to take pictures in Cappadocia!
If you’re traveling to Istanbul, be sure to also check out my Istanbul, Turkey Travel Guide and 5-Day Itinerary!
Save this post for later!